..about owning a cat:
- Anything and everything relating to cats becomes cute or funny. You find yourself browsing the likes of icanhascheezburger even though you’re totally anal about grammar and spelling usually. Videos like kittens playing with loo roll on YouTube makes you go “aww” rather than “holy shit, look at all the mess!”, not to mention dailykitten.com ending up on your bookmarks list.
- You don’t need an alarm clock. Get your cat into a routine of having breakfast at 7:20 on a work morning and he will, without hesitation, wake you up at that time every morning for the rest of your life. Even on
CaturdaysSaturdays. And Sundays. (The person who made this clip? So right.)
- Food is no longer safe on the kitchen surface. Or at all, in fact. Want to keep that second portion of salmon for your lunch tomorrow? PUT IT STRAIGHT IN THE FRIDGE. That lovely butter fudge? Eat it now, before it magically disappears out of its sealed paper bag.
- Games, important documents and coding were all meant to be interrupted by random bouts of “asfjlsdkfk asdkjld,m xd uhjjkjjhjsd”. This is the cat, learning to type and play Age of Empires. It’s not his fault that you happened to be right in the middle of a battle where you’d just got the upper hand on the enemy and were about to wipe them out.
- Bookcases were made for conquering, fingers for biting, old socks for chasing, and feet walking past the end of the bed definitely for pouncing on.
You cat owners are sat here nodding in agreement, right?