In April I declared 2014 “the year of me”. Finally, after far too many years of existing for the pleasure of other people, I decided to take control and start being a little bit selfish… start doing things for me.
So far I have:
- January: chopped all my hair off (and again since. and again.)
- February: gone back to full time work outside the home
- March: started running again (albeit not at the moment due to injury)
- April: started seeing a counsellor
- May: ended my toxic relationship
- June: added an extra workout to my week (and asked you guys to help keep me accountable, which you suck at :P )
- July: given up booze and completed a bunch of ‘firsts’
- August: made some difficult decisions (and did a parkrun!)
So what’s the grand plan for September? Well, I’ve made some arrangements with my mortgage dude which might see things progressing with buying Karl out, tomorrow I’m going to see my Granddad for the first time in years, and on the 26th I’m going to #revolutionconf again.
I have to admit I’m running out of ideas on what else I can do for me though – financial constraints make it much harder than I’d like to be completely selfish :p