Never mind my food, my lifting and whether or not I carry on this crazy lifestyle change, I know this is the bit you’ve all been waiting for. Have I actually lost any weight or fat?
To refresh your memory, my measurements at the start of whole30 were as follows:
- Weight: 161.6lbs (73.3kg)
- Thighs: L: 60.3cm / R: 60.5cm
- Calves: L: 37cm / R: 37.2cm
- Hips: 102cm
- Waist: 84.4cm
- Biceps: L: 28.6cm / R: 28.4cm
And so… my measurements this morning were:
- Weight: 156lbs (70.8kg)
- Thighs: L: 57.5cm / R: 57cm
- Calves: L: 36.4cm / R: 37cm
- Hips: 98cm
- Waist: 79cm
- Biceps: L: 27cm / R: 28cm
So, even accounting for me potentially being cack-handed with a tape measure, I have lost a significant amount of centimetres all over which adds up to a total 5.6lbs in weight. I have no idea if that’s good or bad as results go (and weight loss was not my motivation for trying whole30) but it does suggest that even as I moaned my way through it because “nothing was happening”: stuff was going on!