I’ve been up and down with my meal plans lately, trying to find a system that works for me. The most productive way I have found seems to be to plan from Sunday through to the following Saturday. That allows me to buy a piece of meat / chicken / whatever for Sunday and incorporate that into the meals for the week that follows.
The meat for this week was some reduced price ‘Chinese’ spiced pork loin steaks which will feed us Sun + Mon with 2 leftover for next week. Meals planned as follows:
- Sun 30: Pork steaks & mash
- Mon 01: Pork stir fry
- Tue 02: Prawn curry (prawns were short dated & reduced, frozen when I got home)
- Wed 03: Toad in the hole (sausies short dated & reduced)
- Thu 04: Jacket potatoes & salad or beans
- Fri 05: Pizza night
- Sat 06: Out at nephew’s birthday party
This weeks shopping was bought at Tesco and even with vouchers & reduced price stuff we spent double what we’d have spent in Aldi. Just goes to show how easy it is to get sucked into the glossy marketing of the big supermarkets even as a savvy shopper.