I was just gearing up to write an entry on the best of jemjabella as it’s 8 years since it was created on the 29th, so I logged into my dashboard and saw that I’d written 999 entries, making this number 1000!
Strictly speaking there’s been many, many more than that. For starters, my early blogging days were not blessed by a content management system and thus are in an archive of html files somewhere. Next, there’s the small matter of 2 hackings back in the day, and 2 lots of me deleting the wrong database and losing everything. Yes, my l33t skills weren’t always this l33t.
Anyway, on with the show… here’s my top 10 posts from over the years (in no particular order):
- In Which I Poke Fun at Apple — I find it hard not to be smug about the fact that Apple isn’t as perfect as the fanbois make out. >:D
- A Real Example of a Bad Web Developer — in which I pwn a grown man, which results in him removing his website from the interwebs.
- I’m a Woman, Actually — PMT at its finest. ;)
- Don’t Blame CSS for Your Incompetence — in which I pwn several grown men with my l33t CSS knowledge. I sense a theme occurring here…
- PHP Includes Aren’t What You Think — this needs re-iterating. Apparently people still think that
include()is the be-all and end-all.
- My StumbleUpon Beating — because I’ll probably never again get over 20,000 unique hits in 24 hours :( Plus, that made me over £60 in referrals. :D
- Making Bold Claims The Wrong Way — Mallory cleared the air with me a while back, and I don’t hold any sort of grudge against her (or anyone that fucks me off… too little time, too much to do) but I have to LOL at myself because of the lengths I went to, to prove my point.
- Proper HTML Like Wot I Does — lmfao. There’s no other words.
- Quick and Easy Lunch Ideas? — this is a boring-ass post like whoa, but it brings me shitloads of hits. One day I’ll do something useful with it.
- Pants: Swimchick.net — it had to be in there. Jessica was the only person who ever accepted her award and we’re cool with each other, but this post STILL gets her rabid fans all of a fluster. I hope she finds it as funny as I do.
Shit, that was more difficult than I thought it would be. I’m not sure if it’s a measure of my awesomeness that there were more than 10 posts I thought rocked, or just an indication that I talk too much? Don’t answer that. ;)
Any memorable posts stick out in your mind from over the years?