While everyone is busy upgrading their WordPress, I spent this morning downgrading Firefox.
I’ve been having problems with Firefox for a couple of months. I’d close the browser — either to shut down for the night or because I wasn’t using it at that precise moment — only to find when I tried to re-open it that the process had hung. This required a manual CTRL ALT DEL -> kill process to be able to try again (sometimes I’d have to repeat this 2-3 times before it’d finally open).
After an hour or so of use, memory usage typically shoots up to the 300,000K+ stage, which is 3 times what I predict it should be at (I very rarely have more than a few tabs open at once; my Firefox is not themed).
So, to cut my rambling rant short, I downgraded this morning. I downloaded Firefox 188.8.131.52 from OldVersion.com, uninstalled 3.0.4 and did an install and upgrade to 184.108.40.206. It’s a miracle… I’ve not had a problem since.