What’s going on in the world of Jem lately? Let’s see…
- I’ve been back at work 3 weeks now. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be. That’s not to say I wouldn’t rather be at home with Isabel, but I am actually enjoying parts of it. I know! Knock me down with a feather! I even get to drink my tea hot and piss in peace. Wish I’d not spent so long stressing about it and enjoyed the last few weeks with Isabel. Of course, this may all change come January when she starts nursery (at the minute my mum is sitting her).
- Talking of Isabel… she’s now just shy of 13 months old. First molar is breaking through the gum. She’s regularly taking wobbly steps on her own now, although I don’t call it walking so much as stumbling.
- I’m still taking driving lessons. I’m on # 13 or 14, I think. I’m quite good (naturally) :D I have a few weak spots; I don’t mirror-signal-manoeuvre so much as signal-manoeuvre-oops…mirror! Still, I hope it won’t be long now before I can think about taking my test.
- When I’m not at work, I’m… well, at work. Working little projects for friends to boost the bank balance pre-Christmas. This is not as easy as I thought it would be, with a littlie bombing around the place. Working from home is more playing/burping/feeding from home.
- My OU module has taken a back seat, which is worrying because I really can’t afford to waste £200+ by failing. The end of module report is due in a week and I’ve not even read the course materials properly, let alone started writing. I’ve been making it up as I go along for the exams.
Heyho, nearly Christmas :D