One of my favourite things about Habari is the fact that it’s super lightweight (unlike WordPress which ultimately serves hundreds of bytes of old code that powers functionality I don’t use). As such, anything beyond the basic blog — write, read, comment — requires a plugin, enabling me to have total control over my site. To encourage those of you considering Habari, I thought I’d share the Habari plugins that I use to make my blog great (in no particular order)…
- RN Monthly Archives Plugin — I use this plugin to display my 12-month list of archives in the sidebar, as well as my full archive
- RN Related Posts Plugin — this one is new to me, brought in specifically for this theme. It shows related posts based on tags in the sidebar of individual posts, and is loads more accurate (so far) than my old attempts at related posts!
- Comment Notifier — this one sends your comments to my inbox so that I don’t forget to approve them! ;)
- Defensio — personalised comment checking to help filter spam. Admittedly, this one is only temporary because I plan on writing my own plugin. Mixed feelings on effectiveness, but it’s better than nothing!
- Edit: Auto-Approve — as recommended by Melly. Auto-approves non-spam comments.
So, have I convinced you to try Habari yet?