WordPress is a full-featured CMS and blogging system, used to create more websites than any other CMS in the world. Its strength comes from the masses of contributors to the WP community, publishing and updating thousands of plugins and themes daily. As a WordPress developer, I use it to power everything from tiny personal blogs, to massive multi-national corporate sites for my clients.
Latest WordPress Posts
6 Things I Do to Make Gutenberg Development Easier - I was a relatively late adopter to Gutenberg, stubbornly sticking to Classic Editor and a combination of template files and tried & tested tricks to build themes for clients. However, as Gutenberg improved and the demand for more power over builds increased, it made sense… 10 Micro Optimisations for a Faster WordPress Website - (Update 2019-08-07: this article is now available in Brazilian Portuguese: 10 dicas para um site WordPress mais rápido) — Website speed is a huge factor in your search engine (specifically Google) ranking: As part of that effort, today we’re including a new signal in our… WordCamp Europe 2019, Berlin #WCEU - I had the privilege of attending WordCamp Europe 2019 this past weekend, thanks to the team at Wordfence who flew me out there & paid for my ticket. I was very humbled to be able to take this opportunity and can’t express my gratitude enough… Security alert: pipdig insecure, DDoSing competitors - I love WordPress. I make my living from it. It’s no exaggeration to say that developing WordPress websites has changed my life: it provides me with an income that pays my mortgage and feeds my babies. However, every now and again something happens in the… The StrongMum Project - My attempts at maintaining my strength and fitness this year have been indisputably more consistent (and as a result, visible in my overall health and weight). I’ve been wanting to write more about what I get up to, but didn’t want to make this blog…
Need a WordPress developer?
- Write & modify WordPress plugins
- Create bespoke themes, update existing ones, use a variety of theme frameworks including Genesis
- Rescue “hacked” WordPress websites
- Move sites from Joomla, Drupal etc to WordPress
- & more…
If you’d like an experienced WordPress developer to help you with your project, get in touch »
I finally wrote some WordPress plugins! They’re not in the official repo, because that is effort and I’m too busy working on actual work to do it, but if you’d like to give them a try you can find them on GitHub:
- Jem’s Genesis Columns — adds shortcodes which you can use to format your content (posts, pages) into columns (like this page!); adds support for extra classes missing from the ‘official’ Genesis Column Shortcodes plugin. Must be used in conjunction with the Genesis framework, a Genesis theme, or by people who’ve acquired the column stylings.
- Media Locations — adds a media taxonomy which allows you to assign locations to media which can then be pulled in to posts, pages, templates etc programmatically.