I accept most comments on my weblog entries, even if the sentiment disagrees with my own. I enjoy spirited discussion and the way topics can develop into something bigger and better by way of visitor input. With that said, I must enforce the following rules (for my safety and yours):
- No anonymous comments – all comments must be left with a real name (no ‘cheap viagra’ please) and valid e-mail address. Your e-mail address will be kept private at all time, there is no need to hide.
- Nothing libelous – there’s a fine line between free speech/opinion and libel, do not cross it. I do not need to be fighting your battles in court.
- No personal information – unless you’re over the age of 18, please do not sign your full name against your comments. Under no circumstances is it OK to post other’s personal information.
In some circumstances, comments following these rules will be deleted regardless. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Comments from those referred by ‘dofollow’ link lists; comments are nofollowed for first time commenters anyway.
- Comments that bear no relation to the entry they’re left on. Please don’t feel obligated to return my comments if I’ve posted on your blog.
- Comments with irrelevant links, such as blog URLs tacked on the bottom; this is what the Website/URL field is for.
Comments posted, and the opinions therein, remain the property of their author.