A few folks seem to have missed my waffling about it on twitter, snark etc so consider this the ‘official’ announcement that my simple PHP mail form has moved to jem’s mail form .com
In anticipation of the release of my mail form as a plugin for WordPress, I have updated the standalone mail form script.
Updates as follows:
- compressed and optimised badword checking; checking name field too
- more easily customisable required fields
- added more known bots to isBots() function
- disable Send button on successful mail send to help prevent spam
- removed carriage return char from header to prevent bad header errors in gmail
As usual, although extensive checking and bug testing has occurred, it’s up to you to let me know if I’ve missed anything. Do leave a comment or fire me an e-mail if you come across any problems.
Version 2.1.2 of my mail form has now been released, fixing the bug preventing spaces in the name field.