As featured in Softaculous
BellaBook is a small, simple PHP guestbook. It works using “flat files” – that means no need to fiddle with complex MySQL databases!
BellaBook Guestbook Features
- Spam word and IP checks/blocking
- Known spam-bot blocking
- Basic flood control
- Optional required fields
- Built-in theme ‘switcher’
- “Space out” big words to retain layout shape
- Optional entry moderation feature
- Pagination as standard — in admin panel as well
- Optional emoticons included
- Optional spam-preventing captcha
- CSS based layout, tables for entry display & valid XHTML pages
- Line breaks in entries
- New: inline sanitisation
- New: hidden field spambot ‘trap’
Once you’ve downloaded the BellaBook guestbook script — it shouldn’t take long — extract the files using the built in Windows zip tool, WinZip, or your favourite archiving software. After extraction, you’ll want to rename the folder to something like “guestbook”, “gb” or “book” as this will be part of your guestbook URL.
Open prefs.php and customise the options carefully. The options you choose must remain inside the quotation marks. E.g. if you want your username to be jimbo, you’d change
$admin_name = "admin"; to:
$admin_name = "jimbo";
When you’re all done, upload the whole lot to your website using your normal FTP client. You now need to use the chmod command to change the permission of the “.txt” files to 666 (or owner: read, write; group: read, write; world: read, write). If you get stuck, Google should be able to help you out.
That’s it! Go play with your new guestbook.
There are currently two plugins – Akismet integration courtesy of Amelie. Please choose the correct download for your version of BellaBook (can be found in the script readme.txt)