After having a good moan about my financial / housing situation post-split from Karl, which ended on a jokey note about a project £15k, I thought well… actually, why don’t I start a new project? And why aim for £15,000 — that would mean I’d still need £5k from the bank — why not aim for the full £20k? And so Project £20k was born.
I need to raise £20,000 in a short a time span as possible so that I can buy Karl out of the mortgage without having to take on any extra debt.
Looking back at my original Mortgage Free in 5 Years? post I had the following money-making ideas:
- Selling stuff on ebay/preloved/whatever
- Increasing sign-ups on the WAHM web hosting network
- Get back into affiliate marketing
On top of that I know I need to:
- Finish my WAHM website ebook and release it (£)
- Make better use of advertising on my non-personal websites so that they actually make me money (if nothing else but to cover hosting!)
- Step up my game with my freelance shit and get a dual income thing going on
- Finish & release my “Jem’s mail form” form generator (£)
Beyond that, going back to basics with the budgeting, meal planning, and not wasting money on crap would be a good start. And if anyone has £20,000 lying around they don’t need…
Please note: this is an old post. I have been blogging for a really long time: since my childhood, in fact. Bear in mind that any opinions stated may have changed, any code snippets may no longer be considered safe or secure, and my personal circumstances are almost certainly different to what's contained herein. You have been warned...