See other January meal plan post for reasons for splitting this months/why it’s mostly veggie…
This week & a bit actually sees me making use of two of my cookbooks for once!
- 19th: Vegetable pie w/pastry top (had chicken dippers last night so swapped over)
- 20th: Turkey meatloaf
- 21st: French onion & sage soup (Isabel wanted cheesey pasta on the 17th)
- 22nd: Sweet potato & peanut gratin (pg 63 River Cottage veg everyday!)
- 23rd: Hot squash foldover (pg 189 River Cottage book)
- 24th: Fish fingers & chips (might attempt homemade!)
- 25th: Baked potatoes & coleslaw or beans
- 26th: Leek & potato soup with chicken & bacon (pg 245 Riverford Farm Cook Book
Now the question is, after this month do I continue the mostly veg theme or do I introduce another meat day? I think I’ve saved money, because I’m being more creative with what I’ve got in so have done less shopping. That’s a good reason to carry on if nothing else!