Please note: this is an old post. I have been blogging for a really long time: since my childhood, in fact. Bear in mind that any opinions stated may have changed, any code snippets may no longer be considered safe or secure, and my personal circumstances are almost certainly different to what's contained herein. You have been warned...
See other January meal plan post for reasons for splitting this months/why it’s mostly veggie…
This week & a bit actually sees me making use of two of my cookbooks for once!
- 19th: Vegetable pie w/pastry top (had chicken dippers last night so swapped over)
- 20th: Turkey meatloaf
- 21st: French onion & sage soup (Isabel wanted cheesey pasta on the 17th)
- 22nd: Sweet potato & peanut gratin (pg 63 River Cottage veg everyday!)
- 23rd: Hot squash foldover (pg 189 River Cottage book)
- 24th: Fish fingers & chips (might attempt homemade!)
- 25th: Baked potatoes & coleslaw or beans
- 26th: Leek & potato soup with chicken & bacon (pg 245 Riverford Farm Cook Book
Now the question is, after this month do I continue the mostly veg theme or do I introduce another meat day? I think I’ve saved money, because I’m being more creative with what I’ve got in so have done less shopping. That’s a good reason to carry on if nothing else!