Please note: this is an old post. I have been blogging for a really long time: since my childhood, in fact. Bear in mind that any opinions stated may have changed, any code snippets may no longer be considered safe or secure, and my personal circumstances are almost certainly different to what's contained herein. You have been warned...
We recently bought two sheds: a 6×4″ for the tools and general garden crap, and an 8×6″ for the animal hutches. Or that was the general plan anyway.
After battling for an entire weekend to get the 8×6″ up (due to a combination of location, size and having to build it around 2 ‘helpful’ small children) we realised that the rabbit ‘hutch’ (which is actually a chicken coop) and guinea pig’s double hutch took up so much room in there that there wasn’t enough room to move round them or clear them out even though they were occupying the same space before the shed was constructed.
So we came up with a little plan. And I say ‘we’, but really it was someone else’s plan first and we were simply creatively inspired! :) The Animal Shed was born…
Lined with vinyl (rather wonkily) that cost us a mighty £38 – discontinued line – to give us a nice easy to clean surface and prevents the rabbits from chewing the bottom of the shed. We also built a shelf to give them something to jump up onto with wood we’ve rescued from the garden and offcuts of the vinyl from our living room floor:
Flymo’s hutch was removed again and the rabbits – freshly bonded over the past week – were introduced to the shed on Thursday afternoon. As you can see, it gets the Flymo seal of approval:
Not as much as having a friend to nibble with though: