Please note: this is an old post. I have been blogging for a really long time: since my childhood, in fact. Bear in mind that any opinions stated may have changed, any code snippets may no longer be considered safe or secure, and my personal circumstances are almost certainly different to what's contained herein. You have been warned...
In anticipation of the release of my mail form as a plugin for WordPress, I have updated the standalone mail form script.
Updates as follows:
- compressed and optimised badword checking; checking name field too
- more easily customisable required fields
- added more known bots to isBots() function
- disable Send button on successful mail send to help prevent spam
- removed carriage return char from header to prevent bad header errors in gmail
As usual, although extensive checking and bug testing has occurred, it’s up to you to let me know if I’ve missed anything. Do leave a comment or fire me an e-mail if you come across any problems.